The Gluten is Missing From These Cupcakes !

In October, my cousin is getting married and she asked me to make cupcakes for her wedding! Yay! I am so excited because I was thrilled wit...

In October, my cousin is getting married and she asked me to make cupcakes for her wedding! Yay! I am so excited because I was thrilled with how the cupcakes for Adrienne's wedding came out, and had such a good time making them, so I can't wait to make some for my cousin's wedding. It's a fall wedding, so the cupcakes will be maple pumpkin spice, my best seller :). Twist! They all must be gluten-free to accommodate my extended family who doesn't eat gluten, dairy, corn, or peanuts. I think that's it... Anyways these were my first attempt at gluten-free cupcakes, and they came out so good. I've had gluten-free stuff in the past, and really not ever liked anything I've had. So I am wayyy stoked that these came out good, because my cupcakes have to kick so much ass that all the non-vegan, non-gluten-free people are reallll jealous that they didn't get one. Should have gone vegan. 

Corn is really tricky to leave out, since the frosting usually has powdered sugar. I tried making my own without and it was... unsuccessful, to say the least. I tried making a pumpkin mousse with tofu and bananas. It didn't really hold up to piping, and they discolored within an hour. So I went out in search of corn-free powdered sugar and actually struck gold at a corner market by my place where I found some organic powdered sugar using tapioca flour as the anti-caking agent. Hopefully it's not clumpy, as I have had issues with organic powdered sugar in the past. Clumps! Always clumps. Wish me luck on creating a beautifully eye-catching and delicious gluten-free-vegan-maple-pumpkin-spice cupcake that will have the entire wedding party checking out PETA's website, or mine, within seconds. It'll happen. Just give me time!

You Might Also Like

0 comments