Champs and DIY Breakfast Burritos

Champs! A diner-style place in Brooklyn I have been to 5 times at least since moving here. It's really tough to pick what to get when...

Champs! A diner-style place in Brooklyn I have been to 5 times at least since moving here. It's really tough to pick what to get when you are faced with such a menu. You could go any way. I've tried their french toast, chicken and waffles, breakfast burrito, soysage, tempeh bacon, and tofu scramble. I must try everything. But I have to admit, I've been stuck on the breakfast burrito for the last 2 visits. You see, I got a breakfast burrito one night at foodswings, and it was so good, that I never wanted to eat anything else again. And since Champs has one, it's hard to ever get anything else. And theirs has chipotle sauce on it-- and it's all about that chipotle sauce.





Filled with tofu scramble (and their tofu scramble is amazing), bell peppers, chipotle soysage, onions, and potatoes. POTATOES you guys.


Alex got the chickn and waffles. He gets it every time. This doesn't help me in my mission to try everything. However, these chickn and waffles are pretty great.

 You guys, I live for food like this.

So I can't go to Champs every day, because I would run out of money, and you know, livelihood. Bummer. And it's not like I can just go without breakfast burritos on days I can't buy one from an amazing vegan establishment. So I made some. This is how I did it:

 Whole wheat tortilla, warmed up in the microwave.

 A generous amount of Chipotle Vegenaise.

 I cubed, salted and peppered my tofu. You may scramble if you so desire.


These hashbrowns are cubed potatoes cooked in a cast-iron skillet with some onion and garlic, then rubbed with taco seasoning, and finished off in the oven. They went in the burritos along with some black beans I simmered on the stove with some chipotle peppers.


Quick douse of tomatoes, and ready to roll up. I ate one for dinner. Then one for breakfast. Then one for lunch. The cycle continues.







You Might Also Like

0 comments