Vegans Need Junkfood Too: Foodswings, BK

After a party, or a many hours at a bar, or many beers, most people get a hankering for junkfood. Drunk cravings can be cured by whatever i...

After a party, or a many hours at a bar, or many beers, most people get a hankering for junkfood. Drunk cravings can be cured by whatever is salty, crunchy and greasy. Little else will do. But it's late, and nothing is open except your freezer, which is unfortunately low on chickn-like nuggets. 


 My BF and I recently found ourselves in this very predicament on our way home from a party. Too late to go out for a real dinner, or anything classy, we opted for junkfood at Foodswings, in Brooklyn. It was almost impossible to order. The decision could go so many ways-- sweet, savory, fried, salad, burger, nuggets, drumsticks... Too many options! I'm not used to this.


They had a late-nite menu, which helped put things in perspective for me. But I still couldn't come to a decision fast enough, and blurted out something to order, sat down, and completely forgot what in the hell I bought.
List of Shakes


While I waited for the surprise that would be my food, I tried to figure out what type a milkshake one would receive after ordering the "My Little Pony." How about the "Trainwreck" ?


Food came, and drumsticks were involved.We ate them almost too fast to take a picture.


I got onion rings with special sauce, the best thing ever for onion rings. They were good, but the star of the show was the empanada. It was filled with vegan cheese and chili. I guess it was calzone-like. It was so good. Alex got a shake too, though a vanilla one, not a "Little Miss Sunshine" flavored shake. Not everyone's a risk-taker. All the food cured my cravings for late-nite fare. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments