Peanut Butter Banana Bread

Every once in a while I get an intense hankering for banana bread. Whether it be banana muffins, banana coffee cake, or banana pancakes, I ...

Every once in a while I get an intense hankering for banana bread. Whether it be banana muffins, banana coffee cake, or banana pancakes, I get this seething urge in my veins to but something with bananas baked into it into my mouth. I, most often, oblige. 


So I was baking some banana bread the other day, and had a spoonful of peanut butter in my mouth while I was putting it together (weird?) and I thought, "whoa. PB-Banana Bread." And so after the first PB-less banana bread had been consumed I made another, with a healthy dose of PB, and Kablewy! A classic is born.


Hey! Who put chocolate chips in there?!


Okay, let's be real, the mini chips were not an accident. I wanted to make this breakfast-y but couldn't resist a handful of mini chips. Necessary? You decide!

 Peanut butter Banana bread

2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup your fav peanut butter
1/4 cup almond milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3 mashed bananas
handful of mini vegan chocolate chips, optional

Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
Combine the mashed bananas, peanut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, canola oil, almond milk and vinegar.
Whisk together and add remaining ingredients.
Stir batter until no lumps of flour or sugar remain, then fold in the chips, careful not to over mix.
Scoop batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Freak out because you're done so fast. Freak out only in a good way.

You Might Also Like

0 comments