Some Say Tortellini, Some Say Tortelloni..

Remember that time I said to my mom, "Wouldn't it be fun to make your own tortellini?" And then she took me to the ER because ...

Remember that time I said to my mom, "Wouldn't it be fun to make your own tortellini?" And then she took me to the ER because she thought my brains had finally turned into cashews. They said "There's too much caffeine in your bloodstream, and a lack of real spice in your life." And since my mom doesn't listen to The Smiths she didn't get it and told me the doctor wanted me to switch to tea, but also make my own tortellini.

Now I don't know how serious you all are about pasta... but I'm pretty serious. Sometimes I pretend I'm Strega Nona and I'm back in Calabria where there's no Stop & Shop a minute and a half down the road, and I make my own pasta. It takes a little practice to get it just right. At first you just curse a lot, and then you get it out of your system and all of a sudden fresh pasta is before you. Alex wouldn't help me roll up the tortellini so I made him take some action shots so I could put them up for you guys. Plus I really wanted you to see my cool nails.





These tasted great. If you really want to make these, I recommend rolling out only as much dough as you can work with at one time, filling and folding, then rolling out more. I rolled it all out, let it dry out, then towards my 20th tortellini the pasta was getting too crumbly to fold up and the filling was busting out and it was sad. So don't end up like me. Roll out 1 at a time or employ a friend. My suggested tender is tortellini.

You Might Also Like

0 comments