WWPSD?

Today the Vegan MoFo prompt is to make a dish inspired by a leader of a group. I chose Patti Smith. She is probably the coolest human ever ...

Today the Vegan MoFo prompt is to make a dish inspired by a leader of a group. I chose Patti Smith. She is probably the coolest human ever to have existed, and I hope to be more like her as I grow old.

Today, it's hot. It's sticky, humid, and unfriendly. I don't feel like doing anything, especially cooking. What Would Patti Smith Do (WWPSD?)?

In her book, M Train, she visits coffee shops around New York City, and other cities, drinking black coffee, writing, reflecting, reminiscing, sharing old memories and old stories with us... The book is so beautiful to read and full of amazing stories, true stories, that took place in her amazing life.
My day is shaping up to be less than amazing, but what I have been inspired to do today, is to sit around, drink black coffee, and read.


A bit about my mugs: We got these from a local artist, Eric Kenney, here in Fishtown, Philly. Alex's is the "Work Sucks" mug and mine is the "Outsider" mug. Each of his pieces contains a cameo by a caricature of Death. They are funny and lighthearted while also dark and dooming.
"So Real-- yet So Surreal"


Anyhow.
Hopefully Patti would approve.
xo,
KZ

You Might Also Like

0 comments