Cream without Nuts!

Creamy without cashews?? It's not something I do often, but it can be done: Tofu can be whipped in the food processor with white be...

Creamy without cashews?? It's not something I do often, but it can be done:

Tofu can be whipped in the food processor with white beans to great a stark white and gorgeous ricotta for which to dollop on top of pizza!


We have all used potatoes and carrots to make mac and cheese sauce, but have you made a creamy soup from butternut squash and coconut milk? You have? Oh, well then I'm out of ideas.


I suppose I love me some creamy coconut curry, and coconut iced cream, Oatly is my #1 Iced Coffee milk, and rice has been being milked for various desserts and occasions for decades, so if cashews and almonds disappeared from mother Earth, we would still have something to grind into cream. We vegans are resourceful :)

XO,
KZ

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I've never used tofu and white beans in place of ricotta. Thanks for the tip! Looks good.

    ReplyDelete