Memory Lane: Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese

In my late teen years I used to go wild for the Tomato Mozzarella Panini at Panera Bread. These days I don't often set foot in the esta...

In my late teen years I used to go wild for the Tomato Mozzarella Panini at Panera Bread. These days I don't often set foot in the establishment due to lack of vegan options, but I do try and recreate this old favorite at home. The soup was so rich and creamy and actually reminds me of the Pasta with Pink Sauce recipe from Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen, so I usually just whip up a giant batch of that sauce and call it soup. Maybe I add a little extra broth, for dignity. 


A bowl of tomato soup with no grilled cheese to dip is like toast with no jam; spaghetti with no sauce; drums but no bass; Abbi with no Ilana; chips with no carrot queso...
And so thank Glob it's 2017 and we are flush with vegan cheeses of many delicious varieties. I give the BIGGEST eyeball roll of all time to the basic boneheads who say they could never go vegan because they can't live without cheese. I'm like, "Yeah, totally" with a mouthful of the best grilled cheese I have ever had, vegan, etc..
This vegan grilled cheese is stuffed with Follow Your Heart Mozzarella and Chao tomato Cayenne slices, and in lieu of a panini press, I pressed it between two cast iron grill pans and might I say, it was a 10/10 experience.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Grilled cheese and tomato soup is one of life's best little pleasures. This looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete