Memory Lane: Seitan Piccata

I mentioned yesterday or maybe the day before that I learned to cook by watching the food network, starting circa 14 years ago. My favorite...

I mentioned yesterday or maybe the day before that I learned to cook by watching the food network, starting circa 14 years ago. My favorite was Giada, who made all sorts of special Italian dishes that I found fascinating. One of these dishes was Chicken Piccata.
You could do Piccata with any number of different items serving as the main event, and I have-- (chickpea piccata, cauliflower piccata, tofu piccata...) but today I chose seitan, because it's the most fun :)


The sauce is so easy, and made mostly out of pantry staples: lemon, white wine, capers and garlic. This dish makes me feel fancy and want to speak in a french accent, which is odd because this dish is Italian. "Piccata" is also very pleasing to say aloud.  Try it sometime.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've made tempeh piccata, which was pretty good, but your seitan piccata looks amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum I'm sure it would be perfect with tempeh!

    ReplyDelete