Thanksliving Time

People think Thanksgiving for vegans is tough, but that's just crazy talk. It is so exciting and fun to make food for you and your fami...

People think Thanksgiving for vegans is tough, but that's just crazy talk. It is so exciting and fun to make food for you and your family. I am lucky to have relatives that are so accepting of the vegan lifestyle, and even a husband and sister who are vegan as well! I have a vegetarian cousin and a couple pescatarian cousins, and then a bunch of people with various allergies. Cooking for the whole group can get a little complicated. But vegans always are pumped for a challenge. This year I'm going to my aunt's house, and she makes various dishes vegan to make sure I have plenty of food. I'm going to bring stuffing (maybe one of the stuffing recipes from Isa's new book!) and a roast, also from said book, I'm thinking I will make creamed onions, because it's basically just cashews and onions, and maybe a pie, if I'm feelin' dangerous.


My pie crust game has gotten pretty tight over the years, I must say...


Last year I just bought a Field Roast Celebration Roast and baked it over a bed of chopped veggies. No fussing whatsoever.


Last year, my mom hosted it for just my immediate family and my uncle. Cooking is not really her favorite thing, so she let me make all the food. This worked out great for me, because that way it could be entirely vegan.


Here's my plate from last year: homemade stuffing with veggies and sourdough bread, green peas, garlic whipped potatoes with homemade onion gravy, cashew-creamed onions, roasted mashed butternut squash, rolls, celebration roast and homemade orange-cranberry sauce. Can't ask for more than that!


I definitely love Thanksgiving, and I definitely love it more now that I'm vegan. Cooking is also extremely fun for me, so when I spend a few days in my mom's kitchen preparing a meal, I feel in my zone. 
Happy Thanksliving to all the vegans out there!
Much love and thanks to you all,
<3
KZ

You Might Also Like

0 comments