Weddings and Green Cupcakes

So all of a sudden after many wedding-less years, every cousin I ever had got engaged, and tons of my friends got engaged, and one of my en...

So all of a sudden after many wedding-less years, every cousin I ever had got engaged, and tons of my friends got engaged, and one of my engaged friends set the date for her wedding, which she asked me to make cupcakes for! Since she couldn't decide on a flavor, she wanted to taste a bunch of flavors so she can pick which one or ones she likes the best. Since her bridesmaids dresses are going to be green, she wanted the cupcakes to be green too. I racked my brain for green flavors and came up with a bunch to have her and her fiancé taste today. I also note to all you bakers not to ever try to split your recipe by more than half, or heartbreak will surely ensue. On that note, does anyone want to buy any green cupcakes?


Chocolate mint is obviously a classic flavor I've made a million times and know that she will love. The frosting is green, but eating mint frosting alone can be a little brain-freezing, so a chocolate waterfall of ganache was definitely in order. This one is my favorite. Chocolate, duh.


I had to invent some flavors, so this was my first time I've ever made the following flavors. I feel like kiwi strawberry is pretty classic, so I rolled with that. Strawberry cake, kiwi puree in the center, kiwi buttercream. Pretty :)


This one is kiwi lime. It's a  kiwi cake with a kiwi puree, and lime buttercream. The fruit garnishes kind of look like butterfly wings. In hindsight I would have quartered them, but you get the spirit of it. Oh, and this one was my second favorite!


Lemon Lime, everyone's favorite soda flavor. Possibly everyone's new favorite cupcake flavor?
Lemon cake, lime buttercream, lime curd filling. I made my lime curd with agar and I had some leftover after I finished and it might be gone now. Someone ate it. Okay I ate it.


Coconut lime is my other favorite. I mean I have a lot of favorites, but this one doesn't count exactly because it's like a default for me. I eat this flavor so much that it's kind of like my "plain" flavor. Also whenever I make anything using this flavor combo I have to eat it all myself because Alex doesn't like coconut or lime, especially the two together and so I eat it all. Then rue the day. Then make something else coconut lime flavored... the cycle continues.

Yay for weddings and green cupcakes!

You Might Also Like

0 comments