Pumpkin is the new bacon.

I'm back with a second tortellini filling tonight, as promised. I figured I'd go all autumn on you and make pumpkin-filled tortelli...

I'm back with a second tortellini filling tonight, as promised. I figured I'd go all autumn on you and make pumpkin-filled tortellini with cranberry sauce and garlic creme. It came out perfect! I've decided that pumpkin is to vegans as bacon is to the rest of the world. It's like cheating really, when someone on the show, chopped, puts bacon in his dish, and obviously it made the goat testicle taste better than everyone who didn't use bacon's. It's basically a saving grace, ensuring everyone is going to like it. Can the same not be said for pumpkin? Vegans go nuts for that stuff, myself included. I'm gonna ride the pumpkin wave on this one and take all the credit. 


Alex says it looks like a sushi platter. I kind of agree. This could be fun to eat with chopsticks.

Pumpkin innards. Mmmm.

I didn't Iron Chef it this time, because I'm not really great with beets, but can't wait to do the next one, whatever the secret ingredient may be. I hope it's cashews. Too easy? Naaaah.
I loved The Spade & Spoon's entry! How amazing does that look? How cheffy!
Long Live Vegan Mofo!


Pumpkin Rosemary Tortellini with Cranberry Sauce and Garlic Creme:

1 recipe tortellini dough

filling:
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup cashew garlic creme
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 tablespoons nooch
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

cranberry sauce:
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
(blend)

Garlic creme sauce:
1 head roasted garlic
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1/4 cup nooch
1 tablespoon  garlic powder
1 tablespoon miso
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon soy sauce
(blend)

blend in a food processor, scraping down bowl frequently. Transfer to a bowl and stuff your linis. the end.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Someone just got added to my blog roll!

    Aren't cashew-based cheese sauces/fillings/etc. the best?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete