A Lazy Dinner, for a Lazy KZ

Okay, so this is only lazy because I didn't make the sauce fresh. I had made some wednesday or thursday and had a bunch left in the fri...

Okay, so this is only lazy because I didn't make the sauce fresh. I had made some wednesday or thursday and had a bunch left in the fridge. I got home late after a long drive, hungry and wanting real food, like now. 

I don't really know why this sparked a particular memory, but it made me think of this dish my mom used to make, called "Lazy Pierogi." I think it was my aunt's recipe and I have no idea if she made it up or not, but Lazy Pierogi is wide egg-style noodles tossed with sauerkraut and cottage cheese. It definitely tasted better than it sounds. Anyhow, this is similarly lazy, because I just boiled water, boiled pasta, and poured my sauce over the top. I put it in a baking dish and put a couple handfuls of italian-style bread crumbs over the top and baked it until brown. And somehow, it was so good.
I think I will defnitely make this again fresh. I only had 1/2 the amount of sauce I originally had, so I guess it would benefit from a little more sauce too.

1 recipe of cheezy or alfredo style sauce (Vegan Dad and The PPK have some good ones.)
1 pound shaped pasta, elbows, shells and bowties would be good
3/4 cup vegan herbed breadcrumbs

Boil water for pasta.
Boil Pasta.
Toss with sauce.
Put in a small baking dish.
Top with breadcrumbs.
Bake at 400ºF for 10 minutes or until browned.
Done!

You Might Also Like

0 comments