Chocolate Chip Awesome

This week we celebrated Alex's 25th birthday! What better way to celebrate but with lots of friends, lots of drinks, and lots of vegan ...

This week we celebrated Alex's 25th birthday! What better way to celebrate but with lots of friends, lots of drinks, and lots of vegan cake? This year I made a plain-old chocolate cake. But to make up for lack of creative flavor ideas, I stuck a bunch of chocolate chips to the side of the cake and piped some pretty stars around the top and doused it in chocolate fudge for good measure, or extra birthday wishes. A little (or a lot) bit of chocolate fudge never hurt anyone, did it?


Almost the entire cake was gone by the end of the night, so I guess that means I done good!
I debated doing a fondant thing, but honestly, I think fondant tastes kind of gross, so I decided not to. Plus, it's a lot more work and I didn't have those little George Clooney-style paddles that look like the ones used to resuscitate people but actually they are for smoothing out fondant and getting air bubbles out. When in doubt, just stick some chocolate chips on it. It'll distract everyone from realizing your cake isn't going to get you your own cooking show.


You Might Also Like

0 comments