Grey Scale/ Black & White Food: Rice & Beans

Thinking of all the foods that are white and black, the two that love each other the most, I feel, is white rice and black beans. They are ...

Thinking of all the foods that are white and black, the two that love each other the most, I feel, is white rice and black beans. They are good with one on top of the other, side-by-side, or totally mixed together. They're great together inside a burrito, they are great inside a burrito bowl. They take the center stage in tacos, they even have been known to play a starring role in casseroles. They have the market cornered on all things that require filling. They are also extremely affordable and readily available. I existed off nothing more than just these two ingredients while I studied abroad, and then again when I lived in NJ during hurricane Sandy. Rice & Beans are like my culinary grandparents, stepping in to help me out in times of need.
Anyway, I'm showcasing them tonight because they are black and white.


Back to basics: Black beans, white rice. Easy and yet cheap. Quick and yet tasty. This is what college kids have been loving about rice and beans for centuries. Milleniums. Eons, maybe. Don't quote me on that.

You Might Also Like

0 comments