Feed the Alien: Cookies & Veggie Burgers

I was telling Alex about what I decided I would feed the alien who landed on our doorstep, and I sort of nonchalantly said something like, ...

I was telling Alex about what I decided I would feed the alien who landed on our doorstep, and I sort of nonchalantly said something like, "I think I'm just going to feed them veggie burgers and cookies because that's what I always have in the house." He found this hilarious, but I don't think it'd be such a bad thing to feed them. I mean, that's what I'd feed a kid if I got trapped babysitting for someone without a chance to prepare a menu or grocery shop. 


 Veggie burgers are really good when they're done right. Get the patty crispy. Have the right toppings. Toast the bun. You gotta toast that bun.


There's probably a baked good or two hanging out on the counter in the event that an alien friend stops by and is famished. I usually pop a cookie or muffin that's out on the counter when I first get in the door, to provide sustenance while I get into comfy clothes and then start cooking a real meal. Maybe the alien could have one of these while I crisp up the patties and get the accoutrements set up for the burgers. Or they could have one after dinner for dessert, like a normal alien.

You Might Also Like

0 comments