Easy-Lazy-Weekend Eats

To be honest, if I'm feeling too lazy to cook -- I just go out. But, there is one exception. Sometimes on a Saturday or Sunday, if we&#...

To be honest, if I'm feeling too lazy to cook -- I just go out. But, there is one exception. Sometimes on a Saturday or Sunday, if we'd been out late the night before, we are very slow-moving the next day. Sometimes we kind of sleep through breakfast, and don't get around to eating until around 2pm... and only because we're STARVING! Nothing appeals to me more on days like that than to just relax on the couch and go on a Netflix binge. If we have to cook, I'd love something easy like tofurkey sandwiches with pickles and chips! On this particular day, we happened to have an amazing selection of sandwich materials on hand: Chao cheese, avocado, cucumbers, tomatos, red onion and peppered Tofurkey slices. I do mine with a whole bunch of Vegenaise, Alex's thing is to drench his roll in Italian dressing. Me? I'm a condiments gal. I need to have a good spread, like mayo, mustard, bbq, guacamole, etc. Some of that good stuff.


I could be persuaded to make this into a wrap. There's a time an a place for a portable tortilla, and it would be none the worse for it, but if you can find a good fluffy roll, and you've got a place to sit down a make a mess, well, there's a time and a place for that, too. Alex and I have spent many lazy weekend afternoons on our couch with a sandwich like this, binge-watching Portlandia or Adventure Time. Or Twin Peaks. Or Stranger Things. Let's be real -- we watched Stranger Things in one single day. Obsessed!! I digress. The point is that sandwiches are easy and tasty and comforting <3.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Oh, that's a very good looking sandwich! Of course, avocado improves everything it touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree on the condiments front; I've been really getting back into pickles on sandwiches lately. Ahhh and a little salted avo on a sandwich is just the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's no condiments, then what is a sandwich for???

      Delete
  3. OMG! That sandwich looks perfect, I wish I was eating it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some impressive looking sandwich! I would eat that any day of the week- lazy or not.

    ReplyDelete